Sunday 2 September 2018

How I found the Quakers… By Caroline Andrews


Emerging Kind is one of the groups using our Meeting House.  Here is an introduction to them.

For as long as I can remember, I have been a seeker, a believer in Source, but I hadn’t stopped still enough to find and allow that “kingdom of Heaven within” to emerge and guide me. I, like so many, had tried to run my life from egoic needs for years, though realised  that I must surrender to the higher power of Source, of God, who speaks within and is all around us. In doing so, doors open, people appear, and all sorts of miracles happen!

Finally surrendering ever more to Spirit, I came to Llandrindod Wells in late 2017, clearly guided here whilst in prayer, after some pretty challenging times in my life. Here in Llandrindod, I have been following that guidance further, attending various groups and churches, finding new spiritual paths, and solace.
I was previously welcomed by a local cafe for the peer group ,and was so thankful to start something I had been guided to do for so long. However, due to the nature of our group, after a few months I realised I needed something that reflected the spiritual nature of our group. Through we come from all walks of life, with or without faith or religious back ground, we all have a sense of something "bigger". When I attended the Quaker meetings for my own reflection and enquiry, also following quite strong guidance from Spirit, I knew this was the place. The surrounding gardens and greenery allow us to really drop in to our self, leaving behind the outside world. It feels like we are being surrounded in the light, and this to me feels very in keeping with the message from the Quakers - there is divine in all.

When I attended the Quaker meeting, I felt welcomed and found much solace in being part of the group. Though my journey has since taken me onwards, I realised the Quaker meeting house was the perfect home for the peer group I had been running in a local cafe, and contacted them to enquire about this new home.

The “Emerging Kind” peer support group comes under the guidance of “Emerging Proud”, a national campaign to provide safe space for people experiencing spiritual awakening and spiritual phenomena that can often result in huge life upheaval, feeling very isolated from peers, and being labeled with a mental health diagnosis. To find out more about the national campaign, please see here:

www.emergingproud.com

I am so grateful for the presence of the Quakers, knowing that our group is within a safe and friendly setting, totally welcomed and for a very reasonable financial exchange. I can only thank you again, those of you who have allowed me to find a home for the Peer group that has helped me, and others throughout this last year.

For more information about the Emerging Kind group, contact me on carolinemaryandrews@hotmail.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment